WE ARE OPEN WITH CONTACTLESS APPOINTMENTS! (417) 881-0881 INFO@REECEFAMILYLAW.COM
Reece Family Law, LLC and Defending Your Family - Springfield - Joplin - Lawyers are open, taking new clients, and working hard to protect our clients, staff, and their family's health while providing legal help through the current Coronavirus situation.
We will keep you informed how the Coronavirus is affecting our office and legal community through our Website and Facebook pages. Please see below for our most up to date information. We appreciate everyone's help in being patient, helping your neighbors, and treating everyone with civility as we all work through these extraordinary times.
The Missouri Courts are reopening in phases for in-person in-court proceedings as of May 16, 2020. Please go to the INTERACTIVE MAP OF MISSOURI COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT COVID-19 PHASES to see what current phase your county circuit or municipal court is in along with the orders and guidelines for entering the Missouri Courts.
These proceedings will begin with the most critical cases as determined by the Judge of the case. Be prepared to have your temperature checked, face masks on, adhere to 6 foot social distancing requirements, and courtroom capacity restrictions.
Each court will have their own guidelines, so please make sure to visit the contact your attorney, the court in which your case is in, or go to the interactive map for updates.
As The State of Missouri moves forward with the MISSOURI SHOW-ME STRONG RECOVERY PLAN, The Missouri Courts are also preparing their reopening plan. The Missouri Supreme Court released their Order for Operational Directives for Easing COVID-19 Restrictions on In-Person Proceedings effective May 16, 2020. The Specific Operational Directives lay out the plans for all Missouri Judicial Appellate Districts, Circuit Courts, and Municipal Courts. The directives are going to be implemented in four Operational Phases 0-3 and currently all Missouri Circuit Courts are operating in phase 0. These phases are going to be handled by each Missouri Court based on their current situation and will move up or down as circumstances require. We would recommend you keep in contact with your attorney or the Missouri Court your case is in for further information or updates to your case and court requirments. You can always visit our website https://reecefamilylaw.com/coronavirus-noticesfor current information on Coronavirus COVID-19 updates and informational links.
Since changes are coming in daily in the legal community, we want to give you access the most current information on how the Coronavirus is affecting local, state, and national courts and their procedures. The Supreme Court of Missouri Judiciary Responses to Coronavirus web page has an excellent list of Missouri Court of Apeals, Circuit Court, and Municipal Court notices. We have compiled a list of other links to legal updates below. Thank you for your patience as we all adapt to this new environment.
Here are some helpful website links that will provide you with current, expert, and accurate information on the Coronavirus pandemic.
In an effort to keep everyone as fully informed as information is made available, please see the MISSOURI SUPREME COURT ORDER suspending all in- person court appearances with a few exceptions through UPDATED - THROUGH FRIDAY MAY 15, 2020. Individual Circuit Courts may extend this date and those orders are included in the link above. All of our affected clients will be contacted directly as we are updated by the courts. We will let you know when this order is changed, and we appreciate your extra patience during this unique situation. This ruling affects all parties in all cases and the court will ensure that all parties are treated equally under their jurisdiction. Our office remains open to answer any questions you may have.
We are monitoring the Coronavirus COVID-19 health situation closely. We are following all recommendations of the local city/county/state health departments and CDC in our office. As part of our prevention measures, we encourage everyone to contact us using remote communication via phone (417-881-0881), email (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and/or fax (417-881-0883) before coming to our office. If we need anyone to come to our office to conduct legal business on your case, we will let you know.
We have also implemented enhanced cleaning measures as part of our preventive plan posted on our Website, Facebook page and on our entrance doors. If our office must close due to any circumstances, we have set up measures to be able to remotely operate the office to continue to provide legal services to all our clients and those needing legal help.
We appreciate everyone’s help and patience as we work through the current Coronavirus Pandemic.
Shelly Renee’ Reece, JD, MBA
Owner Reece Family Law, LLC &
Defending Your Family – Springfield – Joplin – Lawyers
The Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association has a web page setup for COVID-19 court updates in the Southwest Missouri Area. Please go to Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association Court COVID-19 Updates to review their latest information on Family Law, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning, Civil Defense, and Mediation court cases.
Reece Family Law, LLC & Defending Your Family – Springfield – Joplin – Lawyers staff, client’s, families, & visitor’s health & well being is our number one priority. The Coronavirus outbreak is affecting everyone, with confirmed cases now in Southwest Missouri.
Our civic duty is to help protect everyone in the most professional manner possible, provide leadership to the community, & inform those who might be affected. We have visitors that are in various health conditions. To protect them, we have implanted the following procedures immediately minimize the spread of the Coronavirus.
1. Our staff will wash their hands with soap & water regularly for at least 20 seconds per the CDC & Health Department Coronavirus guidelines.
2. Our staff will clean hands as needed with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol per the CDC & Health Department Coronavirus guidelines.
3. We encourage everyone to cover all coughs and sneezes with a tissue or their arms.
4. We will make hand sanitizer & restroom hand soap & sinks available to everyone visiting us to be able to sanitize their hands.
5. We will be cleaning & disinfecting all hard & high contact surfaces multiple times per day in all office areas (door handles, faucets, railings, etc.) per the CDC & Health Department Coronavirus guidelines.
6. We will be still be the friendly helpful firm we have always been, but please excuse us as we will not be able to shake your hand to help protect everyone in the community.
7. We will be making available phone conferencing or video conferencing for our FREE FIRST CONSULT & current client meetings where available.
8. Anyone displaying sickness will be asked to stay home or politely asked to leave our office. In most cases, we can use other methods of communication to conduct necessary legal business.
9. Some client meetings, court appearances, depositions, etc. will need to be in person. We will conduct these in the best manner possible to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus.
10. We will be posting CDC & Health Department Coronavirus guidelines around our office to remind staff, clients, & visitors of the best steps to protect everyone’s family & communities.
11. We will keep monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak & changing our procedures as the CDC, local Health Departments, & Government Agencies advise.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at:
For more information & updates about the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, please visit:
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL & PREVENTION (CDC) – WWW.CDC.GOV
MISSOURI DEPT OF HEALTH & SENIOR SERVICES – WWW.HEALTH.MO.GOV
SPRINGFIELD-GREENE COUNTY HEALTH DEPT – WWW.SPRINGFIELDMO.GOV/2853/HEALTH
JASPER COUNTY HEALTH DEPT – WWW.JASPERCOUNTY.ORG/HEALTH_DEPARTMENT